Carefree Strategic Acquisitions
Carefree, a Scott Fetzer company and wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, is seeking to acquire private companies focused on the manufacture, distribution, and/or installation of shade related products in the residential, commercial, and/or recreational vehicle markets. We are eager to hear from business owners and executives of North American businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Revenue between $10 million and $100 million
- Demonstrated consistent earning power
- A proven management team that wants to stay involved post-transaction
In accordance with the investment philosophy of our parent company, our approach is unique:
- Unlike most private equity investors, we have no defined holding period for acquisitions; our preference is to work together forever.
- Unlike most strategic buyers, the companies in which we invest will continue to operate independently with their current management team and culture intact.